In today’s world, digital graphics have become a substantial element of a computer machine; there are several software and applications whose working depend directly on the graphics capability of a computer. To enhance the graphic performance of a computer, various software and hardware are installed to accelerate graphic performance. For each and every hardware installed to enhance the graphic performance of the computer, a supporting driver is needed that aid in the communication of the hardware with the computer.
All the drivers installed on a computer need to be updated periodically; many users find it difficult to update the graphic drivers of their computer. For such users, I have compiled this comprehensive article on How to Update Graphics Drivers, wherein I will mention all the methods that can be used to update the drivers.
This guide is specially for gamers who are looking forward to update NVIDIA or AMD graphic drivers on their PC.
The graphics driver helps to render the visual content on a computer; such hardwares are cordially controlled by the respective softwares with the help of graphics drivers. Every few months, such software gets updated due to which their drivers need to be updated as well to prevent any malfunctioning. Here in this guide, I will demonstrate several methods with the help of which you can easily update the graphic drivers of your computer. So without wasting time, any further let us move to the main content.
- 1 How to Update Graphics Driver
- 2 Manual Methods of Updating Graphic Drivers
- 3 Use Driver Updater Tools to Automatically Update Graphic Drivers
- 4 Final Words
How to Update Graphics Driver
For the best gaming experience, graphic drivers should always be updated to the latest version.
But updating graphics drivers can be quite hectic and complicated task for a few people. To solve this problem, I have elaborated on all the possible ways of updating graphic drivers. Below I have mentioned manual as well as automatic methods for doing this job, but before we get to the actual methods, let us have a quick look at why it is important to update graphics drivers?
Why Is It Important to Update Graphics Drivers?
Graphics drivers are the bridge between the graphic hardware and software that accelerate the graphical performance of a computer. The resolution and quality of graphic content are getting better day by day, many software, games, and movies need high graphics performance to work adequately.
The software companies release regular updates to cope with the high-quality graphics, this is the reason why graphic drivers need to be updated else they will cause malfunctioning between the hardware and the software. Many software does run if the graphic drivers are outdated; hence it becomes very important to update graphic drivers regularly.
Manual Methods of Updating Graphic Drivers
There are various manual methods with the aid of which the graphic drivers of a computer can be updated. In the manual method, one has to locate the drivers manually, select the one that needs to be updated. To comply with this method, sufficient knowledge of computers is required, below I have described all the manual methods in depth with the aid of which you can update the graphic drivers of your computer.
Method 1: Windows Update Method
Under this method, we scan the entire Windows for all the updates available, one you see the list of all the available updates, you can easily choose the graphics driver to proceed. Let us get to the procedure of this method.
Procedure for Windows 7
- Click on the Start button and go to the Control Panel.
- Next, click on System and Security and then on Windows Update.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- Once the results are loaded, look for graphics drivers updates in the main menu or the optional driver update section.
- Select the Graphics driver and click on Update.
Procedure for Windows 10
- Click on Start icon and then go to the settings
- Now click on Windows Update and Security.
- Therein you can select the graphics driver to update manually else all the drivers will be updated automatically.
Method 2: Device Manager Method
All the drivers installed on a computer can be found in the device manager section of the computer, it becomes relatively easier to choose a driver that needs to be updated from the device manager section. You can follow the steps below to update the graphic drivers of your computer.
Procedure for Windows 7
- Right-click on the Computer icon on the desktop and click on Properties< Device Manager.
- On the main screen of the device manager, you can see Display Adapters.
- Once you click on it, you will see the graphic drivers installed on your computer.
- Right-click on the driver you want to update.
- Next, click on Update Driver Software and then on the first option of automatically Update.
- The computer will automatically search and download the latest version of the driver available online.
Note- Sometimes, you don’t find the graphics driver under the Display Adapter section. In such a case, try looking for the driver in other sections mostly marked with a yellow exclamation mark.
Procedure for Windows 10
- Open the device manager by typing in “Device Manager” in the search space of the taskbar.
- In the device manager, look for Display Adapter.
- Therein you can see all the graphics drivers associated with the graphics hardware of your computer.
- Select the driver you want to update and then click on Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- Within a few seconds, your graphic drivers will be updated.
Method 3: Download from Manufacturer Website
This is the easiest method of updating the graphic driver on your computer, this method is very time-saving. If you know the driver that is installed on your computer, then you can directly visit the website of the manufacturer and download the latest version of the driver. If you don’t know the name of the graphic driver installed on your computer in that situation, you can find it out with the help of the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the device manager and open the Display Adapter section.
- Next, in the from the drop-down section, you will find all the graphic drivers installed on your device.
- If you don’t find any graphics driver in that section, then try finding it in the section with a yellow exclamatory sign.
Once you get to know the name of the graphic card brand, you can simply head over to the official site of your graphic card company.
- You can Find NVIDIA Graphic Card Drivers here.
- AMD Radeon Graphic Card Driver Downloads can be found here.
Use Driver Updater Tools to Automatically Update Graphic Drivers
The manual method of updating graphics drivers can be very confusing for many people, as there are many steps involved in it. There are several third-party software that can help you do this job with the help of a single click. Such software scans your computer for all the drivers installed and updates them to the latest version compatible with the architecture of your system. Below I have mentioned some of the best software that can help you update your graphics drivers automatically.
1. Iobit Driver Booster
Driver Booster is one of the best driver updating tools available in the market, this software is available for free as well as a paid version. Iobit driver booster has a very user-friendly interface that can be used easily by anyone, this software offers a user many features.
With the help of this software, a person can update all the drivers of their PC with a single click.
2. Auslogics Driver Updater
Auslogics Driver updater is on the second number on our list, it has all the features as required in a driver updating tool. Auslogics driver updater software is very compact in size and does not consume much space on your computer. Therefore, it does not make it slow. You can buy the premium version of this software if you want to experience all the features of this tool.
There are many other driver updates that can update your NVIDIA drivers or AMD graphic drivers automatically. Check out our full list of best graphic driver updater software here.
Graphics of a computer is one of the most important things that help to run most of the software. Many software fails to work if the graphics drivers are not up to date. One needs to update the graphics drivers periodically to prevent any malfunctioning; many people find it difficult to update the graphics drivers of their computer.
Today I have compiled this comprehensive article on the topic How to Update Graphics Driver, in this article, I have mentioned manual as well as automatic methods of updating the graphics drivers. If you have any further issues related to the topic, feel free to ask me down in the comment section.