Not able to listen or hear anything? No Sound coming on your Windows PC? Well, your Sound driver might be corrupted. In this guide, we will help you fix this problem. All you need to do is, Update your Sound or Audio Drivers.
Read the full article to find out how you can easily update sound drivers on Windows 10 PC.
I will mention all the possible methods (Manual and Automatic) of updating audio drivers. Read the article till the end to clear all your doubts and queries related to this subject.
- 1 How to Update Audio Drivers?
- 2 Manual Methods of Updating Audio Drivers
- 3 Update Sound Drivers using 3rd-Party Tools
- 4 Final Words
How to Update Audio Drivers?
An audio driver is a software that helps a computer to communicate with the audio hardware and external devices connected to a system; these drivers need to be updated with the time, else they can cause malfunctioning. Below I have mentioned all the possible methods of updating the audio drivers manual as well as automatic, let us have a quick look.
Manual Methods of Updating Audio Drivers
When it comes to the manual methods of updating audio drivers, one has to manually locate the particular audio driver and update it by yourself. There are three different manual methods of updating the audio drivers manually; each method is contrasting in nature from the methods. Let us talk about the three in more detail.
Method 1: Windows Update Method
This is the method wherein we check updates for the Windows of our computer, this overall Windows Update scans for all the driver updates available. Below I have mentioned the procedure of these methods for two of the most used Windows version 7 and 10, let us have a quick look.
Procedure for Windows 7
- Click on the Start button and go to the Control Panel.
- Next, click on System and Security and then on Windows Update.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- Once the results are loaded, look for audio drivers update in the main menu or the optional driver update section.
- Select the Audio driver and click on Update.
Procedure for Windows 10
- Click on Start icon and then go to the settings
- Now click on Windows Update and Security.
- Therein you can select the audio driver to update manually else all the drivers will be updated automatically.
Method 2: Device Manager Method
All the drivers installed on a computer can be found in the device manager section. Moreover, the drivers can be uninstalled and updated from the device manager too. The method of updating audio drivers via this method is very simple because all the drivers available can be found at the same place, and you can easily choose the one you want to update.
Below I have mentioned the procedure of these methods for two of the most used Windows version 7 and 10, let us have a quick look.
Procedure for Windows 7
- Right-click on the Computer icon on the desktop and click on Properties<Device Manager.
- On the main screen of the device manager, you can see many drivers according to the hardware attached to your PC.
- Select the drop-down of Audio, Video, and Game Controller.
- Under this section, you can see all the audio drivers installed on your computer.
- Select the driver and click on Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
Note – Sometimes, you don’t find the driver under the Audio, Video, and Controller section. In such a case, try looking for the driver in other sections mostly marked with a yellow exclamation mark.
Procedure for Windows 10
- Open the device manager by typing in “Device Manager” in the search space of the taskbar.
- In the device manager, search for Sound Video and Game Controller option.
- Therein you can see all the audio drivers associated with the audio hardware of your computer.
- Select the driver you want to update and then click on Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
Method 3: Download from Manufacturer Website
This is one of the easiest methods of updating the audio drivers of your computer; under this method, if you know the Audio driver installed on your system, then you can directly visit their website and download the latest version of the driver.
The procedure of this method is the same for all versions of Windows; if you don’t know which audio driver is installed on your device when you get to know about it by following the steps below.
- Go to the device manager and open the Audio section.
- Next in the from the drop-down section, see the name of the audio driver installed on your device.
- If you don’t find any audio driver in that section, then try finding a yellow exclamatory sign in the section.
You can Find Realtek Audio drivers here.
Update Sound Drivers using 3rd-Party Tools
The manual methods of updating audio drivers can be quite complicated for a few people, as several steps need to be undertaken. In such a case, third party software can be used to update all the drivers automatically. There are many software available in the market that can be used to update all the audio drivers automatically. Moreover, this software can be used to remove the older version of the drivers. Below I have mentioned some of the best software that can be used to update the audio drivers in Windows automatically.
1.Iobit Driver Booster
Driver booster in one of the best third-party software used to update computer drivers across the globe; this software has a very user-friendly interface that makes it the first choice of many users. Iobit Driver Booster is easy to use and performs the jobs of updating the drivers within seconds. Once you have successfully downloaded the software, you can have all the drivers installed on your device; this software automatically updates the driver to the latest version. You can update all the drivers at once or update each of them individually.
2. Auslogics Driver Updater
Auslogics Driver Updater is another potential driver updating software, which scans your computer for all the drivers available and gets the latest Update for all the possible drivers. This software can be used to update the audio drivers of your computer; it is very easy to use this software. You can simply choose the drivers you want to update from the dashboard of this software.
3. Systweak Software Updater
Systweak Software Updater software easily scans your system for all the drivers installed and brings you the latest Update of all the available drivers. Moreover, this software helps to remove the drivers hence cleaning the junk files from your computer. Systweak Software Updater is simple to operate and can be used to update the audio drivers of your computer.
There are several drivers on our computer that have the hardware and software to communicate with each other. To know about them click here. If these drivers are not updated regularly, then they may cause malfunctioning of several external devices.
Some people find it difficult to update the audio drivers of their system and therefore, I have comprehensively answered the query “How to Update Audio Drivers?”. I have mentioned manual as well as automatic methods of updating the audio driver. If you have any suggestions then comment below and we’ll surely take that into account.